Pic from etsy.com
Now that we have explored the 7 chakras and several stones and crystals, it is time to combine the info and look into the general idea of these stones supporting the chakra's natural healing process. As previously explained -you can read the Chakras post here- the energy flow needs to be unblocked from the Root Chakra all the way to the Crown Chakra for a balanced sense of being. And since each Chakra has a specific color, the stones that resonate and boost the energy of each chakra come in specific colors too. However, there are a few exceptions, like for instance rose quartz being linked to the green heart chakra, and sometimes different colors, i.e. stones, can be mixed to obtain a better result in clearing a blockage at a certain chakra level. You must pick the stone that catches your eye and gives you a certain sensation/feeling when you hold it. Remember, it's all about vibration, and I will write more about this aspect in a future post.
1. The element of the Root Chakra is Earth. In this perspective, its main color is red in dark tones, such as Red Jasper, Garnet, or Carnelian. But some of the stones with a high energetic frequency match to this chakra are black, such as Obsidian or Tourmaline, or even dark green, as is the case of the Bloodstone. When this chakra is not under-active, you will feel tired, weak, unmotivated, generally unhappy, and dissatisfied with your life. If this chakra is overactive, you will experience fists of anger at the smallest things. When functioning properly, you will feel stable, grounded, and proud of yourself.
2. The Sacral Chakra is allied to the Water element and its main color is orange in all its hues. The recommended stones for this chakra are not limited to the following, but just to name a few: Sunstone, Tiger's Eye, Orange Carnelian, Golden Topaz, and Gold Citrine. When this chakra is weak, you may feel confused, frustrated, and dependent on other people. You can even become depressive and lethargic. If it is under-active, you might be incapable of enjoying your life. If overactive, you might experience constant frustration, especially at the emotional level. When open, the Sacral Chakra is all about flexibility in body and mind, creativity, and playfulness. After all, this is the chakra of sensuality, sexuality, and pleasure. So make sure to keep this chakra unobstructed to feel motivated, inspired, and excited about life!
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra is connected to the element of fire. Its color is hence yellow. When its energy is low, you might feel weak, fearful, and unable to express your emotions. If it's inactive, facing stress will make you feel powerless and overwhelmed. If it's overactive, you might become a control freak. Balance this chakra to release the tendency to control everything and simply let go. Healing this chakra will help you feel goal-oriented and comfortable with your decision-making. You can achieve this state with the following stones: Amber, Fire Opal, Tiger's Eye, Citrine, and Pyrite.
4. An unblocked Heart Chakra allows us to love unconditionally and accept others as they are. Its element is Air and its main color is green. Again, some stones that vibrate on a similar frequency as this chakra are pink. Some of these healing stones are Rose quartz, Emerald, Malachite, Rhodonite, and Amazonite. When the Heart Chakra is weak, you might feel bitter, jealous, or anxious. Some even experience detachment from their loved ones. If overactive, one becomes too attached to things and consequently too emotional about them. A balanced Heart Chakra makes you radiate love, and you feel relaxed, forgiving, and open to new relationships.
5. The fifth element of Ayurveda, Ether, is linked to the Throat Chakra. This energy center is associated with the light blue/turquoise color. Hence, some of its healing stones are Blue Lace Agate, Aquamarine, Aqua Aura Quartz, Sodalite, and Lapis Lazuli. When the energy at this center is low, you will feel unable to formulate your ideas positively, at times misunderstood, and maybe isolated. An overactive Throat Chakra can lead to miscommunication when you just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind with no prior thought or articulation. A free Throat Chakra allows you to disclose your true self without getting into unnecessary arguments.
6. The Third Eye Chakra is paired with the element of Light and its primary color is indigo, a mix of blue and violet. When this chakra is unbalanced, you might experience a stiff neck, a foggy brain, and an overactive mind. If you feel stuck and suffer from nightmares every night, your Third Eye Chakra might be clogged, and you feel you cannot trust your instincts. For a clearer mind with stronger intuition, and the ability to be focused and resolve problems efficiently, use Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, Sodalite, or Angelite. These gems promote lucidity by enhancing the direct link between the Third Eye and your pineal gland.
7. The last chakra, the Crown Chakra, is coupled with the element of Thought, which is the first and finest representation of the infinite field of consciousness. It is the connection to our divine self. So if this chakra is hampered, you are rigid in your thinking, and you feel lost in life as you cannot perceive your purpose. A sound Crown Chakra allows you to take the ebb and flow of life as they come without being ruffled, and to observe and learn from setbacks since you can view them in a positive perspective. Stones to heal the Crown Chakra are violet or white: Clear Quartz, Selenite, Amethyst, Tanzanite, and Moonstone.
Healing our chakras with stones helps align our body's vibrations with the universal framework. Regardless of your religious or spiritual beliefs, our bodies are made up of a life force energy that is -usually- deeply integrated with our minds and souls. It is our responsibility to aim at becoming the best version of ourselves by keeping this threesome harmonious. What do you think?